LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) says that a temporary closure is scheduled to continue for a bridge located on KY 1941/New Dixville Road in Mercer County.
The bridge is located at milepoint 3.523 on New Dixville Road, which connects US 68 and KY 152. The closure allows routine bridge maintenance work to be performed.
As it stands, the schedule for the closure is as follows:
- Wednesday, March 22 – Work will continue until 3 p.m. today
- Thursday, March 23 and Friday, March 24 – 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. each day
- Monday, March 27, and Tuesday, March 28 – 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. each day
KYTC recommends the following alternate routes:
- Northbound: Motorists can turn right on Old Dixville Road, left on John Horn Road and right on Deep Creek Road;
- Southbound: Motorists can turn right on Deep Creek Road, left on John Horn Road and right on Old Dixville Road