NICHOLASVILLE, Ky. (WTVQ) – Now in its third year, M.R. Bishop DMD & Associates, a dental care organization serving Jessamine County and surrounding areas, is partnering with White, Greer & Maggard Orthodontics and Kentucky Bank to offer Jessamine County Students the opportunity to win $1,000 and an iPad Mini.
This year, the traditional “Smile!” Video Contest has been changed to the: “Make us Smile: Show us Your School Spirit!” Video Contest.
“We thought we’d shake things up a bit,” M.R. Bishop DMD and Associates Office Manager and Co-owner Terri Fischer said. “We love it when kids show school spirit, so we thought we’d ask the students to video some of the fun ways they support their school, their fellow students, and even their teachers.”
To enter, Jessamine County students of all grade levels are invited create a 1-3 minute video with a theme of “School Spirit.” Any student enrolled in Jessamine County is eligible to win the contest; the winner will receive a check for $1,000 and an Apple iPad Mini.
The winner of the contest will be chosen based on creativity and connection to theme. “Our mission is to ‘create beautiful smiles—the right way,” Fischer said.
The winning video will be announced at the Jessamine County School district-wide “Art Walk” event on Tuesday, April 25 at East Jessamine Middle School. After the announcement, the winning video will be shown to participants.
Because the contest is more about content and creativity than production quality, the video may be created with any type of device (cell phones, iPad, and/or tablets, etc.) that creates videos capable of uploading to YouTube. To submit, students should:
- Take a 1-3 minute video reflecting the theme “School Spirit.”
- Upload their video to YouTube.
- Email a link to the video to email@example.com no later than 5 p.m. on Thursday, April 20. In addition to a link to the video submission, the email should include the student’s name, school, and age, with the following copied and pasted in the message:
“M.R. Bishop, DMD and Associates, White, Greer & Maggard Orthodontics, and Kentucky Bank may use this video on their website, Facebook, Twitter and youtube pages for advertising and marketing purposes.”
Requirements to enter the contest:
- Must be enrolled at a Jessamine County school in the 2016/17 school year to enter.
- Late submissions will not be considered.
- Only 1 video submission per student. If desired, students may work in partnership with up to 1 other student, but only one prize ($1000 check and iPad Mini) will be awarded. If students working in partnership are selected as the winner of the contest, they will determine the method of splitting the prize. Videos submitted by partnerships larger than 2 persons will not be considered.
- Videos must be 1 (minimum) to 3 (maximum) minutes long.
- The winner must be present at the JCS Art Walk on April 25 at JCEMS to accept his/her award. If the student is unable to be present, the award will be given to the runner up.
- By submitting a video for consideration, students agree to release their video for use in the online marketing efforts of M.R. Bishop DMD and Associates, White, Greer & Maggard, and Kentucky Bank.
For more information, visit www.drmikebishop.com and/or like “M.R. Bishop DMD & Associates” on Facebook.