UPDATE: Victim in Richmond stabbing dies


RICHMOND, Ky. (WTVQ) -The Fayette County Coroner says the victim of a stabbing in Madison County has died.

27-year-old Joshua Raleigh was released, and then readmitted to University of Kentucky Medical Center, and died at 10:50 p.m. on Wednesday, according to the coroner’s report. Richmond Police say Raleigh was released Monday night but returned only hours later.

- Advertisement -

Glendon Eversole, 27, has been charged with assault in the stabbing but hasn’t been charged in the death at this point. Richmond Police say they’re waiting for the autopsy and toxicology reports to come back before they can make any additional charges against Eversole.

Friends have organized a GoFundMe page to help Raleigh’s family with expenses. They tell ABC 36 he didn’t have insurance. They also tell us Raleigh was the father of a 6-year-old.


2/21/17 10:13 a.m.

Arrest made in Richmond stabbing that left man in critical condition

Police in Richmond say they have arrested a man on assault charges following a stabbing on Turpin Drive late last week.

Officers say 27-year-old Glendon Eversole admitted he stabbed the victim on Thursday evening, February 16.

The victim, who was stabbed multiple times in the neck and chest, was taken to University of Kentucky Hospital in critical condition, but is now expected to be released soon.

No word on why Eversole stabbed the man, nor what led investigators to him.


2/17/17 1:04 p.m.

Richmond PD: Man hospitalized after stabbing on Turpin Road

WTVQ/Fadia Patterson

Richmond Police say they are investigating a stabbing that occurred in the 400 block of Turpin Drive around 9:00 p.m. on Thursday.

A release from the police department says they were called to baptist Health Richmond about a man who had been stabbed in the neck.  The victim was immediately transferred to University of Kentucky hospital, where he arrived in in critical condition, according to officers.

Investigators say the victim was stabbed at least four times – twice in the neck and twice in the chest.  The victim will reportedly be under heavy sedation for at least two days.

No arrests have been made, and the incident remains under investigation.

Officers are asking anyone with information about the incident to call them at (859) 623-1162.