LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – For the fourth year, the Office of the Fayette County Sheriff is working to ensure that no one in Lexington is cold this winter.
“In the four years of this project, we have collected and distributed nearly 4,000 coats. Last year, more than 1,200 coats were donated to this drive. Not only can we provide warmth, but we can plant a seed of hope to these citizens who are in need of care and services, while strengthening the relationship between the Office of Sheriff and our community.” Sheriff Witt said.
Republic Bank and Chase Dry Cleaners are teaming up with the Sheriff in sponsoring the event, which will run through the end of February.
People wishing to donate a coat can drop them off at the following Republic Bank locations:
- ANDOVER: 3098 Helmsdale Place
- CHEVY CHASE: 641 E. Euclid Avenue
- HARRODSBURG ROAD: 2401 Harrodsburg Road
- TATES CREEK: 3608 Walden Drive
- VINE ST.: 333 W. Vine St. Suite 102 (NOTE: This location will begin accepting coats starting on February 5th, 2017)
The Office of Sheriff will pick up donations at a citizens request. If you are unable to bring your donated items to a Republic Bank location, call the Office of Sheriff at 859-252-1771 to schedule a pick up time.