LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – A construction project in downtown Lexington has a road closed down through the middle of July.
Work begins on the new University of Kentucky Student Center, shutting down Avenue of Champions to South Limestone for almost two months.
It will allow for space for underground utility construction.
Details about the closure include:
– Avenue of Champions from South Limestone to Lexington Avenue will close to vehicular traffic. The sidewalk on the north side of Avenue of Champions will remain open at all times.
– During the utility work, Lexington Avenue will remain open to traffic.
– Martin Luther King Boulevard will remain open for deliveries and access the UK HealthCare Good Samaritan Hospital parking areas.
– Vehicles will not be able to access Avenue of Champions from Martin Luther King Boulevard.
– Campus bus routes will be rerouted due to the road closures. More specific information on the route detour plans will be communicated as the project start date nears.
– During this time, Patterson Drive will change to two-way traffic for emergency and service vehicles only between Rose Street and Administration Drive; no parking will be permitted to allow for traffic flow.
– Access to the loading docks for White Hall Classroom Building and Bowman’s Den will be maintained throughout the project, as will access to the Singletary Center Lot.
– Lexington Avenue will remain open to traffic.