LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – The upcoming severe weather has the Catholic Action Center mobilizing to help out as many people as possible, but they’re asking for help from the community to make it happen.
Beginning Thursday at 6:00 p.m. the CAC’s Community Inn will be open 24 hours a day providing people a place to shelter from the storm. The Catholic Action Center itself will be open 24 hours a day through Sunday.
To shore up supplies, the CAC is asking for the following items from the community:
For Catholic Action Center, 400 E Fifth St:
- 20 gallons of orange juice
- 300 bananas
- Needed by Thursday evening
For Community Inn, 824 Winchester Rd:
- Friday, 1/22 Lunch 100 sandwiches
- Friday, 1/22 Dinner 20-25 pizzas
- Saturday, 1/23 Lunch 100 sandwiches
- Saturday, 1/23 Dinner 20-25 pizzas
- Sandwiches need to be delivered by Noon, Pizzas by 5:00pm
Due to health department regulations, space, and garbage constraints the CAC is asking the public to only bring only pizza and/or sandwiches needed to the Community Inn – no cookies, chips, or other items.
If you’d like to cover one of the items on the list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or bring donations to the Catholic Action Center at 400 E. 5th.