LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – Lexington Police issued some Breeders’ Cup traffic tips for residents and visitors this week. The following suggestions will help you plan your attendance on Friday and Saturday:
• Give yourself plenty of time for travel to the venue. Arrive early and be patient.
• Tickets must be purchased in advance for Friday and Saturday. Parking passes should also be purchased in advance.
• If you don’t have a ticket, please do not attempt to go to Keeneland on Friday October 30, or Saturday October 31.
• Parking passes must be displayed prior to driving onto Keeneland property. You will not be allowed on Keeneland property without a pre-paid parking pass.
• Only permitted vehicles traveling East on Versailles Road from Woodford County will utilize Rice Road to access Gates on Van Meter Road.
• Only permitted vehicles traveling West on Versailles Road from New Circle Road will utilize Van Meter Road to access Gates on Van Meter Road.
• Do not drive to Keeneland unless you have a pre-paid parking pass.
o Those without a pre-paid parking pass will be directed to the Kentucky Horse Park for Park and Ride shuttle service.
o Kentucky Horse Park parking is available for “day-of” parking for $25.00.
• There will be three Park and Ride locations
o Kentucky Horse Park (advance purchase strongly recommended)
o Whitaker Bank Ball Park (advance purchase required- $20.00 per day)
o Rupp Arena (advance purchase required- $20.00 per day)
• Parking passes for Rupp Arena and Whitaker Bank Ballpark must be purchased in advance at www.breederscup.com/Info Advance purchase for Kentucky Horse Park parking also recommended.
• Ticket-holders in the downtown area can walk to Rupp Arena and take a shuttle for $5.00 round trip to Keeneland. The shuttle passes are limited and subject to availability. Shuttles will run continuously every 15 minutes from 9:30 a.m. until 7:00 p.m.
• Taxi, Uber and Lyft services are permitted to drop off and pick up through Gate 1. You cannot use the airport as a drop off and pick up location. Police will not permit patrons to walk across Versailles Road. Private vehicles will not be permitted to drop off or pick up passengers inside Keeneland property.
• Handicapped patrons may call the Wheels paratransit service for entry into Keeneland at Gate 1.
If you are not attending Breeder’s Cup at Keeneland, please consider alternate routes to your destination. Heavy traffic is anticipated in the Keeneland area.