Reconstruction work will begin Sunday on all four outer loops of Man O’War, near Harrodsburg Road. And the left turn lane from Malabu Drive to Tates Creek Road is still closed, because of a structural failure on the bridge. Also, part of Alumni Drive, near Tates Creek Road, will be closed as that construction work begins.
There are also several events and traffic notes the city wants you to know about. The following list is from the Traffic Management Center.
WEEKEND TRAFFIC IMPACTS FOR MAY 9 – 10
Road Closure for Alumni Dr:
· Sunday May 10 thru August 17 – Roadway closed to thru traffic between Alumni Dr and Tates Creek Rd for construction.
· Access to the Arboretum maintained from Tates Creek Rd. Access to the Senior Citizen Center maintained from Nicholasville Rd.
SATURDAY MAY 9
· University of Kentucky Commencement at Rupp Arena starting at 9am.
· Mayfest Arts Fair at Gratz Park from 10am to 6pm.
· Southland Street Fair from 3pm to 8pm. Southland Dr closed between Southport Dr and Southview Dr.
· The Lexington Legends vs Kannapolis Intimidators at Whitaker Bank Ballpark at 7:05pm.
· Kiddie Kapers & Company Spring Recital at the Lexington Opera House at 12pm, 3:30pm, and 7pm.
SUNDAY MAY 10
· Mayfest Arts Fair at Gratz Park from 11am to 5pm.
· The Lexington Legends vs Kannapolis Intimidators at Whitaker Bank Ballpark at 2:05pm.
· WWE Live at Rupp Arena at 7pm.