The meeting is scheduled for Thursday, April 30, 2015, at 6:00 p.m. at Winburn Middle School, 1060 Winburn Drive.
The NAACP says the meeting is an opportunity to learn more about public safety and for people to discuss how they can work together to make Lexington a safer and better place to live.
A panel discussion is scheduled. The panelists include:
- William Saunders, President of the Lexington Chapter NAACP
- Mark Barnard, Lexington Police Chief
- Rodney Ballard, Director, Division of Community Corrections
- Cary Plummer, Jubilee Jobs
- Dr. Gena Dearth, Psychology professor, Midway College
The NAACP says the event is also an opportunity for people to apply for employment through Jubilee Jobs. Interested applicants should bring a government-issued identification card.