Woman and three dogs home during house fire

0
49
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WTVQ) – The Lexington Fire Department says it was called to the 500 block of Toner Street, near downtown, around 2 p.m. Monday for a house fire. They think the fire started in a back bedroom on the first floor, but aren’t sure what caused it yet. Both floors were damaged by smoke, according to Battalion Chief Todd Samuelson.

When firefighters pulled up to the house, they say someone was outside the house, and was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Three dogs were also home when the fire started, one of which needed oxygen.

Firefighters say the house did not have working smoke detectors and reminds everyone to have the life-saving devices at home.

- Advertisement -