Very Berry Salsa
4 cups apples, finely diced
1 cup blueberries
1 cup strawberries, diced
1 cup raspberries, halved
1 cup blackberries, halved
1 tablespoon fruit preserves
½ tablespoon sugar
½ tablespoon brown sugar
In a large bowl,combine apples and berries. In a small bowl, mix together preserves and sugars until well blended. Pour preserve mixture over fruit and toss to coat. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Yield:32, 2 ounce servings
Nutritional Analysis: 20 calories,
0 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 0 mg sodium,
5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g sugar,
0 g protein
Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
10 (10 inch) whole wheat tortillas
1½ tablespoons sugar
½ tablespoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray one side of tortillas with cooking spray; cut each tortilla into 8 wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
3. Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
4. Sprinkle wedges with cinnamon sugar; spray again with cooking spray.
5. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown; cool.
6. Store in airtight container.
Yield: 20 servings, 4 chips each
Nutritional Analysis: 70 calories,
1.5 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat,
0 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium,
12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g sugar,
2 g protein.