Around 8:30 p.m., some Somerset Police officers stopped for a dinner break at the restaurant and were approached by a man who said he had found an equipment box unattended in a handicap parking space.
The State Police Hazardous Devices Unit was called in to investigate and the restaurant was evacuated.
Around 9:15 p.m., the box’s owner was located and it was deemed safe, according to police.
Investigators said the owner uses the box as a step to help his wife get in and our of their vehicle and after helping her in the restaurant parking lot, he accidentally drove-off without it.
The Somerset Police were assisted at the scene by the Somerset Fire Department, Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department, and the Regional 12 Hazardous Materials Emergency Response Team.