Severe Thunderstorm Watch expires at 11:00 PM on 8/20, issued at 3:58 PM Annville, KY | Artemus, KY | Ary, KY | Asher, KY

Am I entitled to emergency care?

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 4/13/2007 6:37 pm
An injured worker is entitled to emergency medical care at the expense of the employer. If you are injured on the job, then your medical expenses, including emergency care, should be covered by workers' compensation insurance carried by your employer. State workers' compensation laws generally define a work-related injury to include any injury you sustain while you are actually 'on the job' or doing any duty for the benefit of your employer. This can include certain errand duties, if done at the request of, and for the benefit of, your employer. Some states require that formal requirements be met in order for your emergency medical care to be covered by workers' compensation. Be sure that if you are injured in the course of your employment you consult with an attorney familiar with the workers' compensation laws in the state where you work. For more information on workers' compensation benefits, contact a qualified attorney.
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital. supports children's privacy rights. All persons under the age of 13 MUST have parental permission to use this website and direct parental supervision is strongly recommended.