Can I get permission to work?
Students will not be approved for an F-1 or M-1 visa unless the students can prove that they can financially provide for themselves and their education without needing to work.
How can I extend my visa status?
If you're a student with an F-1 or M-1 visa, you can apply for an extension of your student status while you're in the United States. To be eligible as an F-1 student, you must have 'continually maintained status' and have experienced a delay in the completion of your educational program 'caused by compelling, academic or medical reasons.
School transfers for F-1 students
If you're currently an F-1 student enrolled in a full course of study at a school approved by Immigration and Naturalization Services, or I-N-S, you may transfer to another school or continue in the same program or major at a different school.
School transfers for M-1 students
If you're an M-1 student who wishes to receive permission to change schools, you'll need to complete form I-5-39, also called an 'Application to Extend Time of Temporary Stay', as well as form I-20-M-N, a Certificate of Eligibility for Non-Immigrant Student Status for Vocational Students.
Student visas
Foreign students are an economic asset to the American educational system. They also introduce a welcomed diversity to the lives of their peers. Students pursuing academic degrees are generally given F-1 visas.
Visas for the spouse and dependent children of foreign students
Family members of foreign students may obtain a visa from the U.S consulate. The American consulate in your native country decides if the requirements have been met and can then authorize an F-2 or M-2 visa for your spouse or dependant.
Visas to study or conduct research
If you're interested in studying or conducting research in the U-S, you must have an F-1 or J-1 visa and be accepted by a school or institution that the INS (I-N-S) has approved.

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital. supports children's privacy rights. All persons under the age of 13 MUST have parental permission to use this website and direct parental supervision is strongly recommended.