Flash Flood Watch expires at 6:00 PM on 8/31, issued at 8:24 PM Annville, KY | Artemus, KY | Athol, KY | Barbourville, KY

Modification of custody orders

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 4/13/2007 6:35 pm
No child custody arrangement is ever permanent. Changes or modifications can be made if the situation has noticeably changed for the parent or child since the original agreement. The most amicable of these changes is called an Agreement to Modify Custody. Such an agreement between parents to modify the terms of the arrangement can be made without court approval, but it is not advisable. Court approval of such modifications is usually easy to get and will protect the changes for the future. More dramatic changes in custody orders can occur, including a judge taking custody away from one parent and awarding it to the other. This usually happens as a result of a parent bringing evidence to court of unfit parental guidance on the part of the other parent. But whatever the parents' opinions, all custody decisions and changes are ultimately the responsibility of the court. For more information about modification of custody orders, consult an attorney in your area.
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.

WTVQ.com supports children's privacy rights. All persons under the age of 13 MUST have parental permission to use this website and direct parental supervision is strongly recommended.