Hidden Home Poison Dangers For Kids

Hidden Home Poison Dangers For Kids

Kids will put just about anything in their mouth. So, obvious poisons are typically locked up, but some things may look harmless and can still make a child very sick.
Kids will put just about anything in their mouth. So, obvious poisons are typically locked up, but some things may look harmless and can still make a child very sick.

Pills often can be confused with candy, that includes vitamin supplements. Pediatricians say iron pills are a notorious offender that look like M&M's and can cause vomiting, diarrhea and death.

Baby powder can cause serious breathing trouble if it is inhaled by child.

Some house plants and outdoor flowers or shrubs are poisonous, so kids need to understand why they should only sniff the flowers.

Things like mouthwash, facial cleaners, and perfumes are a danger because of the alcohol content, and you have to pay close-attention to your kids during summer or holiday parties.

"If you have the party where your friends put their glass with the leftover alcoholic beverage down and your toddler goes and finishes every glass, that can lead to coma and death and it looks like the kid just went to sleep," said Dr. Ellen Rome of Cleveland Clinic Children's Hospital.

Dr. Rome says magnets and button batteries can cause serious health problems when swallowed, and she says nail glue removers and primers should always be kept out of the hands of children.
Page: [[$index + 1]]