UK Hoops Postgame Notes
Jan. 20, 2013
Final Score: No. 5/5 Kentucky 97 – Auburn 53
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky improves to 18-1, 6-0 SEC, while Auburn falls to 13-6, 2-4 SEC.
- UK begins conference play at 6-0 for the second straight season.
- UK returns to action at South Carolina on Thursday, Jan. 24 at 7 p.m. EST in Colonial Life Arena. The game will be televised on SportSouth.
- Kentucky is in its 39th year of varsity play and owns an overall record of 674-472 (.588).
- UK is 151-216 all-time in SEC play.
- Head coach Matthew Mitchell is in his sixth year and ranks third on the all-time wins list (133-57) and first in winning percentage (.700). He is only six wins away from becoming the all-time winningest coach.
- Mitchell is now 54-28 in SEC games (regular season only).
- Kentucky has extended its school-record winning streak to 17 games, which is currently the longest streak in the nation.
· UK increased its school record for consecutive home wins to 33. The previous record was 30 set from Feb. 12, 1980 until Jan. 31, 82.
- The Wildcats own a 369-140 (.725) mark in Memorial Coliseum, including a 79-12 (.868) mark under Mitchell.
- The Cats are now 61-2 at home over the last three seasons.
- UK is now 33-9 in SEC home games under Mitchell, including an impressive 26-2 mark in the last three seasons.
- Kentucky has won a school-record 14 consecutive SEC home games.
- Fifteen of UK’s 18 wins have been by 18 points or more.
- Kentucky is now 17-25 vs. Auburn all-time.
- The 97 points scored against Auburn are the most in program history.
- The 44-point victory is UK’s largest margin of victory over Auburn in program history.
- Auburn still leads the series 10-7 in games played in Lexington, Ky.
- Kentucky has won the last five meetings against Auburn.
- UK's starting lineup featured A'dia Mathies, Bria Goss, Jennifer O'Neill, Samarie Walker and DeNesha Stallworth for the 13th straight game. The Cats are now 15-0 with that lineup.
- Kentucky jumped out to a 46-15 lead in the first half paced by a 24-2 run with 3:38 to go before halftime.
- UK scored an SEC-high 51 points in the first half.
- Ties for most points in first half since scoring 51 vs. DePaul (12/7/12).
- The 30-point halftime lead is the largest in SEC play this season.
- UK ended the first half on a 29-8 run when Mathies scored before the buzzer.
- The 21 points allowed at halftime are tied for the fewest in SEC play since Missouri also scored just 21 (1/13/13).
- UK reached the 90-point mark for the sixth time this season and second-straight SEC game.
- The Cats are 6-0 when scoring 90 or more points this year and 19-0 under Matthew Mitchell all-time.
- The 44-point margin of victory is the second largest against an SEC opponent this season. UK defeated Mississippi State last week by 53 points.
- UK won the turnover battle 30-16 and is now 110-27 under Mitchell when committing fewer turnovers than its opponent.
- Kentucky has forced double-digit miscues in 136 consecutive games and is 103-33 during that span.
- UK forced 30 turnovers for the seventh time this season and second-straight game.
- UK is now 23-1 in the Matthew Mitchell era when forcing 30 or more turnovers.
- UK swiped an SEC-high 18 steals, the Cats’ second-straight game with double-digit steals.
- UK tied a season high and hit an SEC-high 12 3-pointers. The Cats also hit 12 treys vs. USC Upstate (11/25/12).
- The Wildcats extended their streak of consecutive games with a triple to 311.
- All five UK starters scored double digits highlighted by Mathies’ season-high 24 points.
· Senior guard A'dia Mathies scored a season-high 24 points, marking the 17th time in 19 games she has reached double figures this season, including 10 in a row.
- Has posted 23 career 20-point games, including four this season.
- All of her 20-point games this season are in SEC play.
- Played in her 123rd career game, moving her up to seventh on UK’s all-time list.
- Made her 122nd career start, passing Samantha Mahoney (2005-08) for second all-time.
- Made a career-high tying five 3-point field goals (5-6).
- Scored 16 of her team-high 24 points in the first half.
· Junior center DeNesha Stallworth scored 16 points and pulled down 10 rebounds for her sixth double-double of the season and the 18th of her career.
- Has reached double figures in 17-of-19 games, including 16 in a row.
- Made 17-consecutive free throws, dating back to Jan. 10, before missing one today in the first half.
- Redshirt sophomore point guard Jennifer O'Neill scored 17 points and recorded six assists, marking the fifth straight game with four or more assists.
- Made a career-high five 3-point attempts while taking a career-high eight attempts.
- Her 17 points is tied for her second-highest total this season (21 vs. Marist, 12/30/12).
- Junior Samarie Walker scored 15 points with six rebounds, two blocks and two steals.
- Marked the fifth time this season she has scored at least 15 points.
- Sophomore guard Bria Goss posted 10 points and reached double-figures for the 11th time this season.
- Junior guard Bernisha Pinkett came off the bench and doubled her previous career-high in steals with six takeaways in just 15 minutes.
- Her six steals ties the record for most ever in a game against Auburn (Valerie Still, 1/31/81).