UK Hoops Postgame Notes
The Arena at Gwinnett Center
Finals – SEC Tournament
March 10, 2013
Final Score: No. 19/19 Texas A&M 75 – No. 7/7 Kentucky 67
Team Records and Series Notes
- Texas A&M improves to 24-9, while Kentucky falls to 27-5.
- Kentucky now awaits an at-large bid to the NCAA Tournament. The selection show is Monday, March 18 on ESPN at 7 p.m. ET.
- UK is in its 39th year of varsity play and owns an overall record of 683-476 (.589).
- UK is now 27-35 overall in the SEC Tournament, including 8-6 under Mitchell.
- The Wildcats are now 1-3 all-time in SEC Tournament title games.
- The Wildcats are 64-198 all-time vs. ranked opponents, 22-32 under Mitchell and 6-4 this season.
- Kentucky is now 2-1 all-time against Texas A&M, with all three games played in 2013.
- UK's starting lineup featured A'dia Mathies, Kastine Evans, Jennifer O'Neill, Samarie Walker and DeNesha Stallworth. This lineup is 7-2.
- Mathies was named to the All-Tournament team for the third time in her career. She also was recognized on the team in 2010 and 2012.
- The 24 3-point attempts are the most in a SEC Tournament game by UK. The previous high was 23 vs. Alabama (3/7/92).
- The eight blocks tied a UK record in the SEC Tournament record, also achieved against LSU (2/26/99).
- Kentucky forced 18 turnovers and has now forced double-digit miscues in 149 consecutive games. The Cats are 112-37 during that span.
- With six made 3-pointers, the Cats added to their single-season record with 218.
· Kentucky recorded eight blocks, upping its single-season record total to 168.
· UK had nine steals which totals 382 on the season. That mark now ties for third on UK’s single-season list.
- The Wildcats extended their streak of consecutive games with a triple to 324.
- Senior guard A'dia Mathies scored 19 points and tied a season-high with two blocks.
- Has reached double-figures in 30-of-32 games, including 23 in a row.
- Played in her 136th career game, the most in Kentucky history.
- Redshirt sophomore Jennifer O’Neill scored 17 points, marking the 15th time she has reached double-figures this season. She also tied a season-best with one blocked shot.
- Junior center Denesha Stallworth reached double figures for the 25th time this season with 10 points.
- With one block in the game, she moves into a tie for fourth on the single-season list.