UK Hoops Postgame Notes
Feb. 3, 2013
Final Score: No. 13/14 Georgia 75 - No. 8/7 Kentucky 71
Team Records and Series Notes
- Georgia improves to 18-4, 7-2 SEC while Kentucky drops to 19-3, 7-2 SEC.
- UK returns to action on Thursday, Feb. 7 when it travels to Fayetteville, Ark. to face Arkansas at 8 p.m. EST.
- Kentucky is in its 39th year of varsity play and owns an overall record of 675-474 (.587).
- UK is 152-218 all-time in SEC play.
- Head coach Matthew Mitchell is in his sixth year and ranks third on the all-time wins list (133-59) and first in winning percentage (.693). He is only five wins away from becoming the all-time winningest coach.
- Mitchell is now 55-30 in SEC games (regular season only).
- UK’s school-record and nation’s second-longest home winning streak ends at 34.
- Marks UK’s first home loss since Feb. 7, 2011 vs. No. 4 Tennessee (73-67).
- UK’s school-record winning streak vs. SEC opponents at home ends at 15.
- The Wildcats are now 370-141 (.724) in Memorial Coliseum, including 80-13 (.860) under Mitchell.
- The Cats are now 62-3 at home over the last four seasons.
- UK is now 34-10 in SEC home games under Mitchell, including an impressive 27-3 mark in the last three seasons.
- UK is now 59-198 all-time in ranked games.
- Mitchell’s record against ranked foes is now 18-31, including 2-3 this season.
- Kentucky is now 13-35 all-time vs. Georgia.
- UK is 8-13 against the Lady Bulldogs in games played in Lexington, Ky.
- Four of the last six meetings against UGA have been decided by five points or less.
- UK's starting lineup featured A'dia Mathies, Bria Goss, Jennifer O'Neill, Samarie Walker and DeNesha Stallworth for the 16th straight game. The Cats are now 16-2 with that lineup.
- UK jumped out to a 21-8 advantage with 9:52 remaining in the first half. Georgia responded with a 15-6 run over the next 3:59 to cut UK’s lead to 27-23.
- With Kentucky leading 45-32 at the 18:28 mark in the second half, Georgia went on a 17-2 run over a 4:20 stretch to gain their first lead of the game at 49-47.
- After UK reclaimed the lead and stretched it to 67-59, the Lady Bulldogs went on a 10-0 run to grab a 69-67 advantage with 4:16 to play.
- Today’s attendance of 7,016 was a season high in Memorial Coliseum.
- The Cats are now 52-32 in games decided by 10 points or less, including 3-2 this season.
- The Cats connected on seven 3-pointers which totals 153 on the year. That mark ranks 10th on UK’s single season list.
- The Cats are now 80-7 when scoring 70 or more points under Mitchell.
- Kentucky forced 26 turnovers and has forced double-digit miscues in 139 consecutive games. The Cats are 104-35 during that span.
- The Wildcats extended their streak of consecutive games with a triple to 314.
- The Cats had four players reach double figures for the 12th time this season.
- UK has had at least three players reach double figures 19 times this season.
- Senior guard A'dia Mathies scored 18 points, marking the 20th time in 22 games she has reached double figures this season, including 13 in a row.
- Recorded a season-high two blocks.
- Redshirt sophomore point guard Jennifer O’Neill scored 18 points marking the 10th time she has reached double figures this season, including seven of nine SEC games.
- Junior forward Samarie Walker posted her second consecutive, seventh season and 10th career double-double with 10 points and a game-high 11 boards.
- Junior center DeNesha Stallworth had 10 points, her 19th game in double figures.
- Hit a career-high two 3-pointers.
- Charted a career-high five steals.