- Total Recipe Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- Makes 4 servings
1 pound Ground Beef
1 cup shredded Napa cabbage
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon hot chili sauce
1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
Salt and pepper
4 whole wheat or white hamburger buns, split
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THAI BURGER
- Combine cabbage and 1 tablespoon lime juice in medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine Ground Beef, green onion, ground ginger and hot sauce in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place patties in skillet; cook 10 to 12 minutes until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Meanwhile, combine peanut butter, hoisin sauce, remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice and sesame oil in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place 1 burger on bottom half of each bun; top evenly with peanut butter mixture and cabbage mixture. Close sandwiches.
Test Kitchen Tips
Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.