How to make A Cactus Blossom at Home
3 cups cornstarch
1½ cups flour
2 tsp garlic salt
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
4 - 6 colossal onions 4" diameter or larger
seasoned flour, as needed
1 quart Creamy Chili Sauce
Batter: Mix cornstarch, flour and seasonings until well blended.
Onion Prep: Cut about ¾" off top of onion, peel onion.
Cut into onion 12 - 16 vertical wedges, but do not cut through bottom [root end]. Remove about 1" of "petals" from center of onion. ~ Dip cut onion in seasoned flour and remove excess by shaking; dip in batter and remove excess by gently shaking.
Battering: Separate petals to coat thoroughly with batter; mix batter after standing to blend ingredients.
Seasoned Flour: Combine 2 cups flour, 4 tsp paprika, 2 tsp garlic power, ½ tsp pepper, and ¼ tsp cayenne pepper; mix well.
Frying: Gently place onion in fryer basket and deep fry at 375 - 400° for 1½ minutes; turn over and fry 1 - 1½ minutes longer or until golden brown.
Drain on paper towels. Place onion upright in shallow bowl and remove center core with circular cutter or apple corer; serve hot with sauce.
Creamy Chili Sauce: Combine 1 pint each mayonnaise and sour cream, ½ cup chili sauce and ½ tsp cayenne pepper. Optionally add ¼ C horseradish.
Remember, these are only tips for you to try it at home. This is not the Texas Roadhouse Legendary Recipe. We can't give that to just anyone, you know. If you want the real deal you will have to stop by your area Texas Roadhouse.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Tenders At Home
Gather all ingredients before beginning recipe.
Always wash your hands and sanitize your work area and equipment before starting any recipe.
Colander, tongs, Fryer, large mixing bowl, cooking thermometer
- Remove chicken tenders from packaging
- Prepare flour. You can keep it plain or, you can season it by adding 1 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning, or 1 tsp onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Prepare your batter: mix 2 cups water with ¾ cup flour mix (above)
- Dip the tenders in flour, batter, then flour again
- Preheat Fry Daddy or personal fryer to 350 degrees F
- Place breaded tenders into fry basket and fry until done.
- Tenders are fully cooked once they reach 170 degrees F. You test this by inserting a cooking thermometer into the thickest part or center of the tender.
- Once done remove the fry basket and suspend over the fryer for several minutes to allow excess grease to drain.
- Using clean tongs place cooked chicken into a large mixing bowl.
- Add your favorite wing sauce to the bowl.
- Using tongs mix the wings and sauce until coated.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce and celery sticks.