How to Host a Legendary Super Bowl Party
- Party Space & Seating: Since the party revolves around watching the big game, make sure you have plenty of viewing space available. First, choose where you want everyone to watch the game – either on one big TV or on multiple TVs set up in rooms around the house. Then provide enough comfortable seating for everyone.
- Decorations: Use lots of football themed party decorations including team colors and mascots. Incorporate team colors into balloons, streamers, plates, napkins, and plates. You can even add some New Orleans themed décor since it’s the host city.
- Menu: What’s a Super Bowl party without great food? Finger foods, appetizers, and snacks are perfect. The game lasts 3 to 4 hours, so serving food buffet style is best. Changing food selections periodically keeps food fresh and interesting.
- Party Attire: Ask guests to wear the team colors or jersey of their favorite team to create a competitive, but friendly atmosphere for your party.
- Rate the Commercials: The Super Bowl commercials are always highly anticipated. Make a fun game out of ranking the best and worst commercials. Ask guests to write down their picks for best and worst commercial. At the end of the game tally the votes.
how to make
PULLED BBQ PORK
2 T. Liquid Smoke
1 cup tap water
1 each Whole Pork Shoulder/Boston Butt
2/3 cup Seasoned Salt
1 T. Black Pepper
2 cups of your favorite BBQ Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 225° F.
- Pour the liquid smoke, and water into the bottom of a roasting pan.
- Place a roasting rack into the pan.
- Rub the entire exterior of the shoulder with the seasonings.
- Place the seasoned shoulder onto the rack, fat side up, then cover the pan with a tight fitting lid.
- Place the covered pan into the hot oven, and roast for 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove the pan from the oven carefully. The meat should be very tender, and between 190 - 200°F.
- Remove the meat from the pan and break it into five or six pieces using tongs.
- Allow the meat to cool for 15 – 30 minutes until it is cool enough to touch.
- Break the meat into 1” by 2” chunks, remove any undesirable fat or gristle, and place the meat into a mixing bowl.
- Gently stir in the sauce with a rubber spatula.
- Transfer the sauced meat into 2” deep x 9” wide x 13” long (cake or aluminum) pans and cover with a lid or foil.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 – 30 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 170°F is achieved.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Refrigerate for use the next day. Cool it quickly (within 2 – 3 hours) to an internal temperature below 40°F to keep it safe.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 - 40 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 170°F is achieved.
- Serve and enjoy.
How to Create
Legendary Ribs AT HOME
Start With The Right Product
At Texas Roadhouse we use only American grown product. USDA #1 inspected fresh domestic Pork Loin Back Ribs. Starting with the right product will give you a Legendary result. We will show you how to make the best ribs possible with the equipment available in an average home kitchen. Just remember that most home kitchens do not have the equipment we have in our restaurant, and the product may differ some from our fall-off-the-bone ribs.
· Ina deep baking pan, add water and some type of Liquid Smoke.
· Take Ribs, use a shaker and your favorite dry seasoning (we have our seasoning for sale online at TexasRoadhouse.com) and thoroughly coat each of the Ribs.
· PlaceRibs in the pan.
· Placepans in 350° F oven and bake slowly until done; about 3 hours.
· Ribsare fully cooked when the bone in the center pulls freely from the meat. At this point, remove from the oven.
· Pickyour favorite BBQ sauce for re-heating and basting the Ribs.
· Brushand season the grill before use.
· Placethe Rack of Ribs vertically, with the underside down to the grates.
· Heatuntil sizzling hot.
· Turn Ribs over and baste the underside of the Ribs, and heat until sizzling hot.
· Bastethe top.
· Turnthe Ribs over one last time and baste with a final coat.
· Serveto your guests and accept their complements graciously!!!