Texas Roadhouse Bread Recipe
Electric hand Mixer
Dough Ball As Needed
Flour As Needed
Proofed Bread As Needed
Margarine As Needed
- Using an electric hand mixer prepare your desired type of bread as directed.
- Once mixed place the dough into a mixing bowl and cover with plastic wrap to proof.
- Allow to proof to desired size
- Lay proofed bread out on a flat surface. (Flouring the surface first will keep the dough from sticking)
- Using the rolling pin roll bread out to desired thickness.
- Once at desired thickness use the knife to cut your bread into desired size pieces.
- Once bread is baked brush it with melted margarine or butter.
- Place hot bread in desired serving container for your guests to enjoy.
large cooking pan
Green Beans (drained) 2 Cans
Water 2 cups
Sugar 1 Tbsp
Pepper ½ tsp
Bacon (raw diced) or Ham (cooked, diced) 4 oz
Onions, diced 4 oz
- Using the colander, thoroughly drain green beans.
- Set aside
- Mix water, sugar and pepper until well incorporated.
- Set aside
- Preheat your cooking pan to Medium High heat.
Diced, Cooked Ham Method
- Using a cutting board and a knife, dice the raw bacon into equal size pieces.
- Place diced bacon into preheated cooking pan.
- Continually stir bacon with large spoon to keep the bacon from burning.
- Once bacon is cooked add the onions and cook until they are tender and light brown
- Proceed to Step 4
- Using a cutting board and a knife, dice the cooked ham into equal size pieces.
- Place the diced ham and onions into the preheated cooking pan.
- Using the large spoon, continue to stir the ham and onions until the ham is lightly brown and the onions are tender.
- Proceed to Step 4
- Now that the onions are tender add the liquid mixture and the beans.
- Using the rubber spatula stir the mixture until incorporated.
- Bring mixture to a boil and turn heat to simmer.
- Serve beans as soon as you are ready.
TEXAS ROADHOUSE LOADED SWEET POTATOES Equipment:
Oven safe pan, Knife, oven mitts, measuring cups Recipe:
Honey Caramel Sauce
- Bake sweet potato in oven at 450° for 35 to 45 minutes, until tender.
- Remove at once and prick with a fork to let steam out – be careful, steam will be very hot.
- Cut a 1 1/2-inch cross in the center of each potato.
- Using oven mitts open the potato by pushing the ends toward the center until filling starts to push through the cut.
- Place ½ the marshmallows into the sweet potato
- Pour 2 oz of your favorite store brand caramel sauce over the marshmallows; or make your own sauce using the recipe below.
- Place the rest of the marshmallows over the caramel sauce.
- Put potato bake on an oven safe pan and put back in the oven on Broil.
- Let cook for just a minute or two, keeping careful watch.
- Remove from oven when marshmallows start to brown.
- Serve as soon as possible.
In a saucepan add butter and whisk in brown sugar: do not boil. Add honey and continue stirring for approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
How to Make Texas Chili (no beans) INGREDIENTS
Water 1 Qt + 1 C (40 oz)
Beef Base 2 oz. (or 8 Beef Bullion Cubes)
Tomato Paste 4 oz
Chili Spices – to taste
Vegetable Oil 1.5 oz
Hamburger 2 pounds
Yellow Onion, Diced 6 oz.
Garlic, Fresh Chopped 1 oz.
Jalapeno, Fine Chopped w/ no seeds ½ oz
Flour 6 oz
Diced Tomatoes 1 can, small STEPS
- Add water, beef base, tomato paste and chili spices (to taste) to a large mixing bowl.
- Using a whisk, stir until well dissolved and set aside.
- Pour vegetable oil into a large pot and heat on Medium High.
- Once oil is hot add hamburger meat to the pan.
- Cook the hamburger meat until all is brown.
- Stir the meat often to keep the meat from sticking to the bottom or sides of the pot.
- Once meat is fully cooked strain off extra grease using a colander.
- Set meat aside for later use.
- Using the same pot or a clean pot, add oil to the pan and heat with range set at medium high.
- Add onions, garlic and jalapeno to the pot
- Sautee until tender.
- Add flour and stir to incorporate with a cook’s spoon.
- Add the mixture from step 1 to the pot
- Stir with a whisk until all product is incorporated
- Bring to a boil
- Lower heat to medium and add cooked chili meat
- Cook for approximately 30 minutes or until desired thickness is obtained.
- Mix in drained diced tomatoes and stir until evenly mixed.
- Bring chili back to a boil
- Lower to medium heat and cook until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately.