2 tablespoons olive oil
2 medium size, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 medium diced onion
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 cups new potatoes
3 cups vegetable broth
1 cup low fat milk
1 pound fresh asparagus
½ cup reduced fat sour cream
Fresh ground black pepper
1. Pour oil into a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Remove fat from chicken breasts and cut chicken into ½ inch pieces.
3. Cook chicken and diced onion in the oil for about 5 minutes or until chicken is done and onions are golden.
4. Stir in salt, garlic powder, lemon zest, and ½ of the lemon juice.
5. Cut potatoes into ½ inch chunks, leaving the skin on.
6. Add potatoes and vegetable broth then simmer, stirring occasionally, until
potatoes are tender.
7. Stir in the milk.
8. Trim and cut asparagus into 1 inch pieces and add to mixture.
9. Simmer over medium heat, partially covered and cook until the asparagus is tender, about 15 minutes.
10. Stir in ½ cup sour cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
8, 1 cup servings.
270 calories; 7 g fat; 2 g saturated fat; 0 g trans fat; 30 mg cholesterol; 760 mg sodium; 36 g carbohydrate; 4 g fiber; 8 g sugar; 16 g protein.
Buying Kentucky Proud is easy. Look for the label at your grocery store, farmers' market, or roadside stand.