UK Hoops Postgame Notes
Dec. 9, 2012
Final Score: No. 7/6 Kentucky 68 – Middle Tennessee 46
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky improves to 8-1, while Middle Tennessee falls to 6-4.
- UK takes a week off for final exams before returning to action Tuesday, Dec. 18 at Pepperdine in Malibu, Calif. Game time is 10 p.m. ET.
- Kentucky is in its 39th year of varsity play and owns an overall record of 664-472 (.585).
- Head coach Matthew Mitchell is in his sixth year and ranks third on the all-time wins list (122-57) and first in winning percentage (.682)
- UK is now 58-19 (.753) in regular season, nonconference games under head coach Matthew Mitchell.
- The Wildcats own a 363-140 (72.2) mark in Memorial Coliseum, including a 73-12 (85.9) mark under Mitchell.
- The Cats are 55-2 at home over the last three seasons.
- UK has now won 27 straight home contests – the second-longest winning streak in program history.
- Kentucky has won 37 straight nonconference home games, dating back to Dec. 19, 2008.
- UK is now 11-4 all-time against Middle Tennessee.
- The Cats hold a 7-1 record against MTSU in Lexington.
- UK’s starting lineup featured A’dia Mathies, Bria Goss, Jennifer O’Neill, Samarie Walker and DeNesha Stallworth. The Cats are now 5-0 with that lineup.
- Stallworth scored the first basket of the game at the 19:15 mark.
- Sophomore Azia Bishop was the first sub of the game for UK.
- The 22-point win margin is the largest in the history of the series, passing the previous 16-point UK win Feb. 27, 1990.
- UK held MT to 46 points, its lowest point total of the season.
- Leading 16-11 at the 6:47 mark in the first half, UK went on an 11-0 run over the next 5:40 seconds to gain a 27-11 advantage.
- The 15 points scored by the Blue Raiders in the first half marked their lowest first-half point total since 2009 vs. LSU.
- Ties the fewest first half points surrendered by the Cats on the year (USC Upstate, 11/25).
· The Wildcats held Middle Tennessee to 6-of-24 (25.0) shooting from the floor in the opening half.
- UK won the turnover battle 33-13 and turned the 33 turnovers into 39 points.
- Improves to 101-27 under Mitchell when committing fewer turnovers than its opponent.
- Marks the most turnovers committed by Middle Tennessee this season.
- UK is 61-6 since 1979-80 when forcing 30 or more turnovers.
- UK is 21-1 in the Mitchell era when forcing 30 or more turnovers.
- Kentucky has forced double-digit miscues in 126 consecutive games. The Cats are 93-33 during that span.
- UK has forced 20-plus turnovers in all nine games this season and in 38 of its last 44 games dating back to the start of last season.
- UK posted its best shooting performance of the season from the charity stripe at 83.3 (15-of-18).
· The Wildcats extended their streak of consecutive games with a triple to 301.
- Junior center DeNesha Stallworth reached double figures for the sixth straight game and seventh time this season with a team-high 16 points.
- Dished out a UK career-high five assists, while also adding three rebounds, two blocks and a steal.
- Sophomore Bria Goss reached double digit points for the fifth time this season with 10 points.
- Grabbed a game-high tying three steals and had zero turnovers.
- Ten of 13 Wildcats scored at least two points.