UK Hoops Postgame Notes
Feb. 10, 2013
Final Score: No. 10/8 Kentucky 75 – Vanderbilt 53
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky improves to 21-3, 9-2 SEC, while Vanderbilt drops to 15-8, 5-5 SEC.
- UK returns home Thursday, Feb. 14 as the Wildcats play host to No. 15/12 South Carolina at 7 p.m. EST in Memorial Coliseum.
- Kentucky is in its 39th year of varsity play and owns an overall record of 677-474 (.588).
- UK is 154-218 all-time in SEC play.
- Head coach Matthew Mitchell is in his sixth year and is now in sole possession of second place on UK’s all-time wins list (135-59). His winning percentage of.696 is first. He is only three wins away from tying Terry Hall as UK’s all-time winningest coach.
- Mitchell is now 57-30 in SEC games (regular season only).
· UK is 23-20 in SEC road games under Mitchell.
- Kentucky is now 18-27 all-time vs. Vanderbilt, 6-14 in games in Nashville.
- UK has won the last five meetings, including the last two on the road. The five-game win streak is the longest for UK in the 45-game all-time series.
- UK's starting lineup featured A'dia Mathies, Kastine Evans, Jennifer O'Neill, Samarie Walker and DeNesha Stallworth for the second time this season. The lineup is now 2-0.
· With Vanderbilt leading 17-15 at the 8:29 mark, Kentucky ended the first half on a 16-5 run to take a 31-22 lead into the break.
o UK won the turnover battle 15-7 in the opening half.
o Mathies, who scored 15 points in the half, passed Leslie Nichols for third on UK’s all-time scoring list with a free throw at the 1:29 mark.
· The Wildcats outshot the Commodores 53.1 percent to 40.0 percent in the second half.
· Kentucky outrebounded Vanderbilt 23-8 in the second half.
- The Cats connected on 10 3-pointers which totals 168 on the year. That mark ranks fourth on UK’s single season list.
· The Cats had three blocks, giving them 122 on the season. That total ranks eighth on the single season blocks list.
- The Cats are now 82-7 when scoring 70 or more points under Mitchell, 25-1 this season.
- Kentucky forced 24 turnovers and has forced double-digit miscues in 141 consecutive games. The Cats are 106-35 during that span.
- The Wildcats extended their streak of consecutive games with a triple to 316.
- The Cats had four players reach double figures for the 14th time this season. UK is 12-1 overall, and 4-1 in SEC play when four or more players score in double figures.
- Senior guard A'dia Mathies scored a season-high 28 points on 10-of-17 shooting, including 5-for-9 from beyond the arc. She has reached double figures in 22-of-24 games this season, including 15 in a row.
- The 28 points is the third-largest point total of her career.
- Moved up to No. 3 on UK’s all-time scoring list with 1,815 career points, passing Leslie Nichols (1,797, 1982-86).
- Moved up in a tie for fourth on UK’s career games play list with 128.
- Climbs to No. 3 on the career free throws attempted list with 546, passing Sam Mahoney (545, 2005-08).
- Junior Samarie Walker recorded her 11th career and eighth double-double of the season with 10 points and a game-high 13 rebounds on 5-of-10 shooting from the field.
- Reached double figures in 12 games this season, including four in a row.
- Sophomore Bria Goss came off the bench for the second straight game and added 15 points on 5-of-8 shooting.
- Marked her 13th game this season with double-figures, including second straight.
- Redshirt sophomore point guard Jennifer O’Neill reached double figures for the 11th time this season and eighth time in SEC play with 10 points.
- Sophomore center Azia Bishop tied a career high with 11 rebounds, equaling her previous effort vs. Duke on Dec. 8, 2011.