In an email from the SEC to UK and Arkansas:
KENTUCKY-ARKANSAS GAME TERMINATED
Given the extended weather forecast and out of concern for the health and safety for both teams and fans, the Commissioner, after consultation with both institutions, has terminated the game. For official purposes, the game will conclude with 5:08 remaining in the third quarter with Arkansas winning, 49-7.
Here are the abbreviated game notes:
FINAL SCORE: Arkansas 49, Kentucky 7 (game called due to weather with 5:08 to play in the third quarter)
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 1-6 overall, 0-4 in the Southeastern Conference. Arkansas is 3-4 overall, 2-2 in league play.
- Kentucky leads the series 4-3, including 2-1 in Fayetteville.
- Kentucky returns to action Saturday, Oct. 20, with the Homecoming game vs. Georgia. Game time is 7 p.m. at Commonwealth Stadium and the televising entity will be announced Sunday. The Georgia game will also serve as Dermontti Dawson Day at Commonwealth Stadium.
- The game was suspended because of lightning with 3:32 remaining in the first quarter and Arkansas leading 14-0. The game was resumed after a delay of one hour, six minutes.
- The game was suspended again because of lightning with 5:08 remaining in the third quarter and Arkansas leading 49-7. Play would not resume due to weather. The game was officially called final at just past 11 p.m. ET.
- Kentucky entered the game having played the fifth-toughest schedule in the nation, according to the Sagarin Computer Ratings in USA Today.
- Kentucky is fielding one of the nation’s youngest teams, playing 14 true freshmen and 26 total (true and redshirt) frosh, one of the nation’s top-five teams in each category.
- Highlighting the youth is the Wildcat secondary, which entered this game with one senior, one sophomore and six true freshmen on the two-deep.
- In the third quarter, freshman quarterback Jalen Whitlow threw his first collegiate touchdown pass, a 61-yard play to La'Rod King.
- La’Rod King caught one pass for 61 yards and a touchdown.
- Has 1,569 receiving yards in his career, moving past Anthony White for seventh place on the UK career receiving yardage list.
- Has 17 receiving TDs in his career, tying Steve Meilinger for fifth place on the UK career list.
- True freshman safeties Daron Blaylock and Zack Blaylock made their first collegiate starts. Daron had a career-high five tackles in the game, his previous high was four tackles against Kent State.
- True freshman corner Cody Quinn earned seven tackles in the game, which is a new career high. His previous career-high stops was three against Florida and South Carolina.