UK Hoops Postgame Notes
College Station, Texas
Feb. 18, 2013
Final Score: No. 8/7 Kentucky 70 – No. 10/13 Texas A&M 66
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky improves to 23-3, 11-2 SEC, while Texas A&M drops to 20-6, 10-2 SEC.
- UK returns to action on Feb. 24 when it travels to Baton Rouge, La., to face LSU at 3 p.m. EST.
- The win snaps Texas A&M’s 12-game home winning streak.
- Kentucky is in its 39th year of varsity play and owns an overall record of 679-474 (.589).
- UK is 156-218 all-time in SEC play.
- Head coach Matthew Mitchell is in his sixth year and is second on UK’s all-time wins list (137-59). His winning percentage of.699 is first. He is one win away from tying Terry Hall as UK’s all-time winningest coach.
- Mitchell is now 59-30 in SEC games (regular season only).
· UK is 24-20 in SEC road games under Mitchell.
- UK is now 61-198 all-time in ranked games, including 4-3 this season.
- Mitchell is now 20-31 vs. ranked teams, 7-15 vs. the top 10.
- Kentucky is now 2-0 all-time vs. Texas A&M. UK defeated the Aggies 65-62 on Jan. 26 earlier this season.
- UK's starting lineup featured A'dia Mathies, Kastine Evans, Jennifer O'Neill, Samarie Walker and DeNesha Stallworth for the fourth consecutive game. This lineup is now 4-0.
- The Cats connected on six 3-pointers which totals 178 on the year. That mark ranks fourth on UK’s single season list.
· The Cats tied a team high with 10 blocks, giving them 134 on the season. That total ranks fifth on the single season blocks list.
- The Cats are now 84-7 when scoring 70 or more points under Mitchell, including 17-1 this season and 8-1 in SEC play.
- Kentucky forced 18 turnovers and has forced double-digit miscues in 143 consecutive games. The Cats are 108-35 during that span.
- UK scored 29 points off the 18 forced turnovers.
- UK is now 55-32 in games decided by 10 points or less under Mitchell, including 6-2 this season.
- The Wildcats extended their streak of consecutive games with a triple to 318.
- Senior guard A'dia Mathies scored 13 points, all in the second half.
- Has reached double-figures in 24-of-26 games, including 17 in a row.
- Played in her 130th career game which is the fourth-most in UK history.
- Went 1-of-3 from beyond the arc, moving her to 10th on UK single season record with 52.
- Needs three points to tie Victoria Dunlap at No. 2 on UK’s career scoring list.
- Junior center DeNesha Stallworth set a school record with seven blocks and recorded her team-high tying eighth double-double of the season with 12 points and 12 rebounds.
- Marked her 20th career double-double.
· Junior forward Samarie Walker grabbed 11 rebounds, marking her team-leading 11th double-figure rebounding game this season.
- Recorded two blocks, giving her 42 this season with moves her to 10th on the single season list.
- Junior guard Kastine Evans tallied double figures for the second consecutive game and fourth time this season, tying a season-high with 12 points.
- Redshirt sophomore point guard Jennifer O’Neill recorded her first block of the season and led UK in assists for the eighth time this year with six.