UK Hoops Postgame Notes
Pete Maravich Assembly Center
Baton Rouge, La.
Feb. 24, 2013
Final Score: LSU 77 – No. 8/7 Kentucky 72
Team Records and Series Notes
- LSU improves to 17-10, 8-6 SEC, while Kentucky drops to 23-4, 11-3 SEC.
- UK returns to action on Thursday, Feb. 28 at Ole Miss in Oxford, Miss., at 8 p.m. EST.
- Kentucky is in its 39th year of varsity play and owns an overall record of 679-475 (.588).
- UK is 156-219 all-time in SEC play.
- Head coach Matthew Mitchell is in his sixth year and is second on UK’s all-time wins list (137-60). His winning percentage of.695 is first. He is one win away from tying Terry Hall as UK’s all-time winningest coach.
- Mitchell is now 59-31 in SEC games (regular season only).
· UK is 24-21 in SEC road games under Mitchell.
- Kentucky is now 11-31 all-time vs. LSU, including 3-13 when playing in Baton Rouge.
- Seven of last nine meetings against LSU have been decided by 10 points or less. UK went 3-4 in those games.
- UK won the earlier meeting in Lexington on Jan. 27, 73-60.
- UK's starting lineup featured A'dia Mathies, Kastine Evans, Jennifer O'Neill, Samarie Walker and DeNesha Stallworth for the fifth consecutive game. This lineup is now 4-1.
- The Cats connected on six 3-pointers which totals 184 on the year. That mark ranks third on UK’s single season list and the Cats need just three more to move into a tie for second.
· Kentucky had seven blocks for 141 on the season. That total is tied for third on the single season blocks list.
- The Cats are now 84-8 when scoring 70 or more points under Mitchell, including 17-2 this season, 8-2 in SEC play.
- Kentucky forced 18 turnovers and has now forced double-digit miscues in 144 consecutive games. The Cats are 108-36 during that span.
- UK is now 55-33 in games decided by 10 points or less under Mitchell, including 6-3 this season.
- The Wildcats extended their streak of consecutive games with a triple to 319.
- LSU shot 52.9 percent from the floor, including 64.0 percent in the first half. UK is now 1-2 this season, 1-1 in SEC play when the opposing team hits over 50 percent from the field.
- UK hit 8-of-10 from the free throw line, while LSU netted 16-of-22.
- Senior guard A'dia Mathies scored 20 points and moves up to No. 2 on UK’s all-time scoring list with 1,863 career points passing Victoria Dunlap (1,846, 2008-11).
- Has scored 20 or more points in six games this season, all SEC games.
- Scored 17 of her 20 points in the second half.
- Has reached double-figures in 25-of-27 games, including 18 in a row.
- Played in her 131st career game which is the fourth-most in UK history.
- Made three 3-pointers, moving her into a tie for ninth on the UK single season list with 55.
- Redshirt sophomore point guard Jennifer O’Neill tallied 15 points in the game, marking the 13th time she has scored in double figures this year.
· Junior forward Samarie Walker scored 10 points, marking the 13th time she has reached double figures this season.
- Recorded two blocks, giving her 44 this season which ties for eighth on the single season list.
- Junior center DeNesha Stallworth had three blocks in the game, moving her into a tie for eighth on the single season list with 44.
- Junior Kastine Evans recorded a season-high six steals and tied a season-best two assists.