After a week of winter storms that brought ice, snow, and cold temperatures into the Bluegrass, Lexington will resume yard waste collection on Friday.
The Department of Environmental Quality and Public Works said Fayette County residents should follow these guidelines:
- Downed tree limbs and other woody debris
- Place in the gray Lenny bin for collection
- Larger tree limbs and branches that will not fit inside the Lenny bin
- Cut down to six inches or less in diameter
- Cut into lengths of four feet or less
- Tie in bundles and place on curb for collection
- Tie limbs with twine. If you use tape, wire, or plastic ties, they will not be picked up
- Tree limbs, branches, and stumps greater than six inches in diameter and four feet in length
- Take to Haley Pike Landfill at 4216 Hedger Lane
- Hours: Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri. from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and the first Saturday of every month from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Or to the Old Frankfort Pike landfill site before Friday, Februrary 14th.
- Hours: Fri., Feb. 7 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Sat., Feb. 8 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.; and Feb. 10 – 14 on Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri. from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Must be no greater than 12 inches in diameter
Fayette County residents with questions should call LexCall
at 311 or (859) 425-2255.