A mercury spill in Lexington sent a woman to the hospital Tuesday.
The fire department says a broken blood pressure device caused a mercury spill at a home on Shelby Lane. The spill was Monday night, but the fire department didn't know about it until Tuesday afternoon, and three adults, three kids, and a dog were exposed to it.
The fire department says short-term exposure to mercury can cause breathing problems. The woman sent to the hospital is described as an invalid. The fire department says she was responsive when they found her.