Woman In Hospital After Mercury Spill

Woman In Hospital After Mercury Spill

A Lexington woman was one of six people exposed to mercury in a home on Shelby Lane.
A mercury spill in Lexington sent a woman to the hospital Tuesday.

The fire department says a broken blood pressure device caused a mercury spill at a home on Shelby Lane. The spill was Monday night, but the fire department didn't know about it until Tuesday afternoon, and three adults, three kids, and a dog were exposed to it.

The fire department says short-term exposure to mercury can cause breathing problems. The woman sent to the hospital is described as an invalid. The fire department says she was responsive when they found her.
Page: [[$index + 1]]