Kentucky American Water said Thursday morning that it's continuing its work to fix the water system problems in Owen County.
They said water levels are still low, possibly due to an undiscovered large leak or because of multiple smaller leaks.
Company officials said crews are working around the clock to check for leaks and see that service gets back to normal as quickly as possible.
They ask everyone in Owen County to help identify any possible leaks, especially in rural areas. If you see any unusual amounts of water flowing in a field or beside a roadway or anywhere else, you can call it in at (859) 269-2386, Option 6.
Kentucky American Water also reported that water is still being delivered for pick-up at the Owen County Fairgrounds, the Montery Fire House, the Jonesville Fire House, the Helser Assembly of God Church, and the Owen County Electric Office.
For anyone getting their water from bulk trucks, Kentucky American Water is making the following suggestions:
• Make sure the water is coming from a safe source.
• Be sure the tank hauling it is for drinking water only and hasn't been used in farming practices, etc.
• Make sure you place the water in a container that has not held chemicals, pesticides, etc.
• Use food grade containers or coolers to get your water home.
• To ensure safety, boil the water for three minutes.