Update: Nicholas County Fire Almost Spread to Neighboring Buildings

Update: Nicholas County Fire Almost Spread to Neighboring Buildings

Fire officials say they could of lost the entire block had fire fighters not arrived on the scene when they did.
     Fire officials in Carlisle say that in another hour, the adjacent buildings to the apartment that caught fire Friday, could of gone up in flames as well.

     Carlisle Fire Chief Jim Biddle says pump trucks from Paris, Bourbon County, Lexington, ect. all arrived at the scene and began working on the fire just in time to prevent it from spreading the the neighboring buildings.

     The apartment itself was totaled.

      Investigators say it appears the fire was started around 1pm by a woman spraying her couch for bed bugs. She apparently dropped a cigarette on the couch, starting the fire.

     Four people were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

     Officials say as of 6pm the fire was under control but said they planned to remain on the scene through the night putting out hot spots.

Page: [[$index + 1]]