The City of Lexington has designated emergency shelters and warming centers that will be open Monday and Tuesday as dangerously cold air moves in.
Open 24 Hours:
- Hope Center Emergency Shelter for Men, 360 W. Loudon Avenue
- Salvation Army Emergency Shelter for Women and Children, 722 W. Main St.
- MASH Drop Inn Center (youth 0-17 yrs.), 536 West Third Street
- Catholic Action Center, 400 East Fifth Street
The following locations have been designated as Daytime Warming Centers:
- Dunbar Recreation Center, 545 N. Upper Street, special extended hours Monday and Tuesday from 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Harvest Worship Center, 2011 Oxford Circle, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- New Life Day Center, 224 North Martin Luther King Blvd., special extended hours Monday and Tuesday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Senior Citizens Center, 1530 Nicholasville Road, special extended hours Monday and Tuesday from 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Lextran will offer free bus rides for people going to an emergency shelter or warming center on Monday and Tuesday.
Citizens can call Lextran at 859-253-4636 to get the location of the nearest bus stop.
People in need of shelter or other human service assistance may call 2-1-1.
For emergencies, always call 9-1-1.
Everyone is encouraged to check on their neighbors and loved ones, especially the elderly and people with special needs.