Lexington Firefighters rescued a woman from her burning home this afternoon. They are still trying to figure out how the fire on Savoy Road started.
It happened around 2:45 p.m.
Cindy Bain, a neighbor, said she was sitting in her living room when she saw smoke coming from the house across the street.
“It was solid black and it had busted out and there was smoke coming out the other side,” Bain said.
Bain called 911. She said she couldn’t tell if her neighbor was home or not.
Firefighters found Renee Bray inside the home. They carried Bray out and said she was having trouble breathing because of the thick smoke. She was taken to UK Hospital for treatment.
Battalion Chief Jeff Nantz said this wasn’t an easy fire to fight.
“They're putting forth a lot of effort and energy to get her out,” Nantz said. “And then after that, they’re going to turn right back around and make a fire attack.”
Nantz said the inside of the home is destroyed.
They said there was also a dog inside the home that died in the fire.