Update: Electrocution Victim Identified

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 7/19/2012 12:21 am
The Scott County Coroner has identified the victim of an at-work electrocution.

The Coroner said Steve Reynolds, 44, of Lexington, was killed around 3:30 a.m. Wednesday at Aichi Forge in Georgetown.

The Coroner said Reynolds was working with some equipment and he thought the power was off, but it wasn't.

OSHA and the Scott County Coroner are investigating the death.

Share
1 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

joesafety - 7/20/2012 1:49 AM
0 Votes
This death could have been prevented if company would have own correct ppe, and had the required posted signs on each piece of equipment how to neutralize potential energy (lockout tagout). Company has monthly PM's on 13kv transformers that required a team member to remove the panels on that transformer and get in to it and clean it and the only grounding stick the company owns it a wooden broom stick with a beam clamp on the end of it with a wire attached to the beam clamp. 95% of the main disconnects are not marked. No working tick trace to see if power is off on High Voltage. Many High Voltage switch gears in unsafe condition. These conditions everytime boght up never seem to get resolved. Most disconnect in the building will not work with out opening panel door and using channel locks to turn disconnect off so lockout tagout is out of the question and is ruled out as a common practice because in most cases can't be done with current equipment. There is 0 safety relays (Force guided relays) im 90% of the equipment. There is a person over safety but not utilized in equipment design, layout, setup. Building currently is full of explosive dust covering all the rafters and was ordered to have cleaned up. Company has purchased the equipment to do the job but job was never completed and no follow up some how was ever completed. Doors with access to high voltage on heater can be opened with no lock to prevent with power on. There is alittle bit more to this story othere than a very good electrician thanking that he had killed the power and didn't and got electrocuted.
Most Popular
2014 36 Blitz: Corbin Redhounds
Perennial power under new leadership with unlikely connection to the program. Video Video
Kentucky town stuck with school after court order
A southwestern Kentucky community is stuck with an unused school at the moment after a judge issued an order stopping its sale for the moment.
Police: Vehicle Runs Over Man During Delivery at Paul Miller Ford
According to Lexington Police, a man was working a delivery in the back of Paul Miller Ford when a vehicle rolled over his legs.
Soldiers deploying from Campbell, Bragg
Soldiers from two 101st Airborne Division brigades from Fort Campbell and from the 82nd Combat Aviation Brigade at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, will deploy to Afghanistan, involving about 3,600 soldiers.
Police: Couple Admits to Feeding 4-Year-Old Hot Sauce & Vinegar as Punishment
A mother and her boyfriend have confessed to forcing their four-year-old to eat hot sauce and vinegar as punishment, according to an arrest warrant.
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.

WTVQ.com supports children's privacy rights. All persons under the age of 13 MUST have parental permission to use this website and direct parental supervision is strongly recommended.