Two major days of 2013 Move-In will occur at the University of Kentucky this week on Wednesday, August 21st and Friday, August 23rd.
That process combined with current construction occurring on campus will impact parking and transportation routes throughout the campus at various times. Among the more than 5,000 students moving to campus, about 1,000 students arrived Saturday, August 17th; another 1,000 will arrive Wednesday, August 21st, and another 2,200 on Friday, August 23rd.
Below is information regarding student move-in traffic flow and parking impacts over the next week:
A map of traffic flow and parking for those moving in is available on the Undergraduate Housing and Residence Life website: http://www.ppd.uky.edu/outside/GIS/AuxiliaryServices/MoveIn2013/MoveIn_Routes_ResidenceHalls.pdf
. The streets below will be restricted from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday and on Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Faculty, staff and students working on campus are urged to avoid these areas during Move-In.
· Lexington Avenue
· Martin Luther King Boulevard
· Avenue of Champions
· Huguelet Drive
· University Drive
The largest traffic impact for faculty and staff will involve access to Parking Structure #2 on Hilltop Avenue. Before 8 a.m. each day, access to the structure will be normal, but after 8 a.m., access to and from the structure will be restricted from traveling along University Drive.
A variety of campus parking lots will be used to accommodate move-in parking for students and parents. Parking Structure #5, located on South Limestone next to Kennedy Book Store, and Parking Structure #7, located at the corner of Sports Center and Complex Drives, will experience heavier than usual visitor parking volumes. Students and employees who typically park in these garages should plan accordingly.
Furthermore, No Parking Zones will be established from 12:01 a.m. to 6 p.m. on each of the Move-In days in these areas:
• The entire east side of University Drive, from Cooper Drive to Hilltop Avenue
• Ten spots on the west side of University Drive closest to Huguelet Drive
• The Hall Director spaces behind Ingels Hall on Sports Center Drive
• Both sides of Complex Drive, between University Drive and Sports Center Drive
• Donovan Drive: south side of Wenner-Gren, and north side of Donovan Hall, and in the lot behind Donovan Hall
• Huguelet Drive between University Drive and Rose Street
• Hall Director spaces on Campus Drive behind Holmes Hall
• Parking meters on Campus Drive