Three Disabled Die In Home Fire

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 12/05/2012 7:13 pm
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AAdelsonABC36

A family of three died in their home Wednesday morning.  89-year-old Lenville Lindon, 78-year-old Norma Lindon, and their son 54-year-old Kenneth Lindon could not survive the heat and flames.  The Lexington Fire Department says they had no warning to get out.

"It appears that all 3 occupants made an attempt to get out, and they were all unsuccesful, and we could not find any working smoke detectors, " said Batallion Chief Ed Davis, Lexington Fire Department.

While firefighters went through the charred remnants of the fire, they say they did not see smoke detectors.  The fire department says this is frustrating, because all three people in the home had physical limitations, and used Oxygen. 

"What generally happens with Oxygen is it doesn't really explode, what it does it accelerates the speed that the fire grows in.  When you feed fire with Oxygen it grows much faster, and again, we don't know if that played a part in it, or not," said Davis. 

The Fire Department says the fire started when one of the Lindons threw out smoking materials, most likely cigarettes, that were still lit, into a plastic trash can.  The Fire Department says when they arrived, nobody could have survived. 

"We got a call saying the flames are coming out of the front of the house, and the windows had shattered.  By that point that usually indicates that it's well over 1,000 degrees inside," said Davis. 

The Fire Department urges everybody to have working smoke detectors.  If you don't have one, they will give them to you for free.  If you can't install them, the Firemen will do that for you for free as well. 
Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
Most Popular
Firefighters See Dangerous Teen Trend In Lexington
Firefighters said a disturbing and dangerous trend among teenagers had made its way to Lexington. Investigators said something known as the 'teen fire challenge' happened Friday at a home on Appian Way. Video Video
Woman Found Unresponsive In Hotel Pool In Lexington
Firefighters said a woman was found unresponsive in the pool at the La Quinta Inn on Stanton Way Friday night. She was rushed to UK Hospital.
2014 36 Blitz: Garrard Co. Golden Lions
A former head coach in Lancaster returns to restore Lions to annual prominence. Video Video
Former Kentucky coach charged with sex abuse
A former western Kentucky high school football coach has been charged with sexual abuse and inducing a minor into a sexual performance.
Teen: "Don't Do Nothing Stupid Like This"
A teen fire challenge is going viral - Teens are pouring alcohol on themselves and setting it on fire. One Lexington teen tried it out and went to the hospital. He is letting others know it's not a good idea. Video Video
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.

WTVQ.com supports children's privacy rights. All persons under the age of 13 MUST have parental permission to use this website and direct parental supervision is strongly recommended.