The Lexington Division of Police is reminding citizens about the following road closures and traffic impacts during the Independence Day holiday.
Everyone is asked to drive safely, patiently and plan alternate routes if you need to travel in the areas with closures.
In addition, citizens are reminded to designate a driver, if you plan on drinking.
Street Closures by Event
I. Bluegrass 10,000: 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Main Street will be closed from Broad Way to Saint Ann & Lake Shore.
- Short Street will be closed from Broad way to N. M. L. King.
- N. Mill Street will be closed from 3rd Street to Vine Street.
- N. Upper Street will be closed from 3rd Street to Vine Street.
- N. Limestone will be closed from High Street to E. 3rd Street.
- M.L. King will be closed from High Street to E. 3rd Street.
II. Parade: 11:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Main Street From Walton Ave to Broad Way
- Vine Street from Broadway to E. Main Street
- Short Street from Broad Way to Midland Ave.
- Rose Street from High to Corral Street
- Midland Ave from Winchester to Main Street.
- Mill Street from Vine to Short Street.
- Upper from Vine Street to Church Street.
- Limestone from Vine Street to Short Street
- M.L. King at Main Street and Short Street.
III. Festival Area 5:00a.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Short Street from Broad Way to M.L. King Blvd.
- N. Limestone from Main to Short Street.
- Main Street fro M.L. King to Cheapside.
IV. Fireworks: 9:00 p.m.-11:00p.m.
- W. Main from Broad Way to Forbes Road.
- Manchester from Oliver Lewis Way to Forbes Road.
- Jefferson Street from High to W. Second Street.
- High Street from Broad Way to Oliver Lewis (During fireworks only).
- Broad Way from Vine to Short Street.