The Salvation Army of Central Kentucky kicked off their “Doing the Most Good Week” to go along with the founding of the Salvation Army in 1865.
The Salvation Army is encouraging everyone to do random acts of goodness from July 7 – 13.
Some ideas the Salvation Army gives for doing good:
- Ring the bell at a Kettle (July 11-13) in Lexington and Georgetown.
- Give the gift of your smile to everyone you meet.
- Have a LemonAiD stand and/or be a LemonAiD customer.
- Pay a compliment to someone at least once a day.
- Attend our volunteer information session on July 10th to see if you may want to donate your time and talents.
- Call/visit a sick relative, friend or neighbor.