A complaint to the Laurel County Sheriff's Office at around 10:30 Thursday morning led to the arrest of five people accused of cooking meth.
When deputies arrived at the home on East Pittsburgh Church Road, they said they found an active one step meth lab. They reported finding meth that was ready for use along with numerous needles as well.
All five people in the home were arrested and charged with organized crime, including the manufacturing, use and distribution of methamphetamine.
Those taken into custody were:
• Lowell Scott, 40, of East Pittsburgh Church Road
• Shannon Scott, 40, also of East Pittsburgh Church Road
• Jennifer Wallace, 28, of Keavy Road
• Jeffrey Campbell, 40, of Maple Grove School Road
• Timothy Roberts, 22, of Keavy Road
They were all lodged in the Laurel County Detention Center.