Police: Fatal House Fire May Have Started In Bathroom

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 3/15/2013 6:17 pm
A Thursday night house fire in Wayne County that claimed the life of three people, including a 3-year-old boy is believed to have started in a bathroom just after 11 p.m, according to state police.

Police said Melvina Walker, 60, and Jaimie Elliot,3, were rescued from the fire and taken to Wayne County Hospital where they later died. Police said Douglas Walker, 58, was pronounced dead at the home. A fourth person was taken to the hospital, but is expected to be okay.

Police said it's unclear what started the fire, but said they don't suspect foul play
Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
Most Popular
2014 36 Blitz: Corbin Redhounds
Perennial power under new leadership with unlikely connection to the program. Video Video
Kentucky town stuck with school after court order
A southwestern Kentucky community is stuck with an unused school at the moment after a judge issued an order stopping its sale for the moment.
Police: Vehicle Runs Over Man During Delivery at Paul Miller Ford
According to Lexington Police, a man was working a delivery in the back of Paul Miller Ford when a vehicle rolled over his legs.
Police: Couple Admits to Feeding 4-Year-Old Hot Sauce & Vinegar as Punishment
A mother and her boyfriend have confessed to forcing their four-year-old to eat hot sauce and vinegar as punishment, according to an arrest warrant.
Ky House Speaker Tweets He Was Kicked Out of White House After Shouting Match
A tweet was sent out by Kentucky House Speaker Greg Stumbo Wednesday night stating that he had "just got thrown out of White House after shouting match with Administration over coal..."
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.

WTVQ.com supports children's privacy rights. All persons under the age of 13 MUST have parental permission to use this website and direct parental supervision is strongly recommended.