Murder Victim's Family Frustrated Over Repeated Court Delays

Reported by: Ian Preston
Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 2/26 7:24 pm
The family of two Madison County murder victims will have to keep waiting for justice.

The man accused of complicity to commit the murders, Lebruce Ellington, was scheduled to appear in court in Richmond on Wednesday, but never made it due to a transportation issue between the court and jail.

Gregory Todd, the father of murder victim Sonsaray Warford, said this was three straight times Ellington's court appearance had been pushed back.

Todd and other family members said they weren't told the hearing had been postponed and they all showed up for a hearing that didn't happen.

They said they're losing patience with the justice system and becoming more and more frustrated.

Police said Warford and her boyfriend, Charles Walker, were murdered in an execution style.

The two had been missing for two years before investigators found the couple's remains in a field off of Tates Creek Road in rural Madison County.

It had been nearly two years since Ellington, Matthew Denholm and Daniel Keene were all charged in the case.

The Commonwealth's Attorney in Madison County said Ellington's court date was moved to March 24th.

He said they're still working on court dates for Denholm and Keene.
Share
Most Popular
2014 36 Blitz: Corbin Redhounds
Perennial power under new leadership with unlikely connection to the program. Video Video
Police: Woman tried to strangle child with rope
Louisville police say a woman contemplated killing an 8-year-old boy then tried to strangle him with a rope.
Arrest Made In Elderly Man’s Death
A couple of weeks ago an elderly man was brutally beaten to death at his Lexington apartment on Appian Way. Video Video
Kentucky town stuck with school after court order
A southwestern Kentucky community is stuck with an unused school at the moment after a judge issued an order stopping its sale for the moment.
Homemade Explosive Device Goes Off At Lafayette HS
Around 8:30 AM Wednesday an explosive device made out of a soda bottle went off. Nobody was injured. Police found two more devices, and depressurized them. Video Video
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.

WTVQ.com supports children's privacy rights. All persons under the age of 13 MUST have parental permission to use this website and direct parental supervision is strongly recommended.