A Lexington man charged with murdering a teenager last year pleaded guilty to a reduced charge on Monday.
19-year-old Brian Carr was found shot several times on East Main Street in May of 2011.
According to the Herald-Leader newspaper, 32-year-old Robert Benton pleaded guilty to first-degree manslaughter on Monday.
The newspaper reports Benton's attorneys said the shooting was in self-defense after an alleged robbery hours earlier.
The newspaper said the judge in the case told Benton he plans to follow the prosecutor's recommended 15-year sentence.
Benton is expected to be sentenced next month.