Red Flag Warning expires at 6:00 PM on 4/20, issued at 1:38 PM Athol, KY | Beattyville, KY | Bethany, KY | Campton, KY

Manchester Apt Manager Arrested for Leaving Tenants in Cold

Contributor: Lance Vaught
Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 1/09 6:23 pm
A man who operated the Manchester High-Rise is in custody after being charged with leaving 54 disabled and elderly people without power in sub-zero temperatures.

Manchester police said when they responded to a call on Monday about a problem at the Phillips Hill Drive building, James Oberly, the manager, told them everything was fine.

Officers discovered that power had been cut to 54 of the tenants for six hours, with temperatures outside dropping below zero.

Police Chief Chris Fultz said 19 of the residents were taken to warming shelters, eight were transported to a Best Western Motel, and the others were left with family members.

Officers said this incident is just the beginning of a much bigger investigation into Oberly.

He has been charged with wanton endangerment and lodged in the Clay County Detention Center.
Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
Most Popular
KSP: 2 Men Shot During Turkey Hunt, 1 Pronounced Dead
State Police are looking into a shooting in Clay County, where they said three men went turkey hunting Thursday morning and two of them were shot -- one fatally.
Making The Right Decision
Coach Cal wants his players to come back only if it is right for them and their families. Video Video
Lexington PD: Man Goes to Meet Woman, Gets Robbed Instead
A Frankfort man was hoping to meet up a woman he had met online early Saturday morning, but officials said when he got to their meeting spot, he was robbed.
Kentucky Basketball Future Ready To Meet The Present
Incoming Freshmen Call And Implore Freshmen To Stick Around For Second Season At UK Video Video
Customers charged thousands for Mexican food in California
What was supposed to be a cheap bite at a Southern California fast-food restaurant has turned into a small fortune for some customers, as they were mistakenly charged thousands of dollars for burritos, tacos and soft drinks.
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.

WTVQ.com supports children's privacy rights. All persons under the age of 13 MUST have parental permission to use this website and direct parental supervision is strongly recommended.