A Lexington man escaped a house fire Thursday afternoon thanks to a caring neighbor.
Firefighters say the home on Stonecrop Drive near Banyan Park was engulfed in flames when they arrived.
Investigators say the man was working on the computer when a neighbor knocked on the door and warned him about the fire.
Firefighters tell us it was started by a malfunction in the heating and air-conditioning unit.
Investigators say the three people living in the home were not able to return because of the damage.