Man Arrested On Arson Charge After Fire At The Community Inn

Reported by: Tom Kenny
Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 6/19/2013 10:05 pm
For the second time in just a few days, the Catholic Action Center is dealing with a fire.

Lexington Police said around 3:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Lewis Landis went to The Community Inn, where people can go for a meal, clothing or a shower.

Investigators said Landis told people at the facility that he needed a place to sleep.

Police said Landis then squirted lighter fluid on a bed and set it on fire. 

People inside the room put the fire out quickly before there was any damage. 

No one was hurt.

Landis, who Police said was wearing pantyhose, was chased down the street by several people.

Police said Landis was eventually caught.  Investigators said he was charged with Arson and Wanton Endangerment.

He was lodged in the Fayette County Detention Center.

This came after Monday's fire at God's Quarters, which is also operated by the Catholic Action Center.

God's Quarters provides clothing, free laundry and volunteer opportunities for people.

Officials said some important documents and office equipment was lost in Monday's fire.

Investigators said they're looking into whether the two fires are related.



Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
Most Popular
Four Injured In Head-On Crash In Lexington
Four people were injured in a crash on Alumni Drive on Wednesday night. Video Video
Lexington lawyer disbarred after fraud plea
A Lexington attorney facing federal prison time for fraud has been permanently disbarred by the Kentucky Supreme Court.
Officer In The Right Place At The Right Time
An officer doing a routine check at Thorntons helped catch a strong-arm robbery suspect on Thursday. Video Video
UPDATE: New Details On Accident During Ice Bucket Challenge
A statement released by the Campbellsville Police Department detailed what went wrong during Thursday morning's "Cold Water Plunge" at Campbellsville University. Video Video
Report: 3 Firefighters Hurt During Campbellsville University's "Ice Bucket Challenge"
ABC36 has learned that three firefighters were injured when the ladder to their fire truck reportedly touched a main power line during the Campbellsville University's "Ice Bucket Challenge" on Thursday.
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
   

WTVQ.com supports children's privacy rights. All persons under the age of 13 MUST have parental permission to use this website and direct parental supervision is strongly recommended.