Lexington Firefighters: Stay Safe While Using Generators

Contributor: Christine Winter
Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 12/06/2013 9:02 pm
When the power goes out, some families turn to a generator to keep their home warm.

But the machines can be dangerous.

The Lexington Fire Department is reminding anyone who uses a generator to be aware of the potential for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Firefighters say you should never run a gas generator inside your home.

Don't place your generator near a door or window where air drafts could bring carbon monoxide into your house.

Always keep a carbon monoxide detector nearby when you're using a generator.

And while using it, get out of the house right away if you begin to feel lethargic, nauseous or start having headaches.

Once you are out safely, call the fire department.
Share
Most Popular
London Police Chief Suspended On Terror & Stalking Charges
London Police Chief Stewart Walker has been suspended with pay after being accused of terrorizing and stalking a woman he used to live with, according to court documents. Video Video
Laurel Deputies Searching for Man Considered "Armed & Extremely Dangerous"
Officers in Laurel County are currently searching for a man they consider to be armed and extremely dangerous after he allegedly opened fire on a woman for no reason.
UPDATE: Missing Robertson Co. Woman Found Unresponsive
A maintenance worker from Blue Lick State Park, who was volunteering with search teams, said he found Nancy Pugh unresponsive in a barn loft in a remote area of the park just after 5 Wednesday afternoon.
Crash Delays Morning Commuters on I-64
A semi-truck crash along eastbound I-64 in Franklin County caused headaches for many commuters as crews shut down the eastbound side of the interstate in Franklin County.
UPDATE: Shooting Suspect Indicted for Murder
A man who allegedly shot and killed another man at a Lexington strip club in November has been indicted for murder.
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.

WTVQ.com supports children's privacy rights. All persons under the age of 13 MUST have parental permission to use this website and direct parental supervision is strongly recommended.