Lexington Firefighters: Stay Safe While Using Generators

Lexington Firefighters: Stay Safe While Using Generators

The Lexington Fire Department is reminding anyone who uses a generator to be aware of the potential for carbon monoxide poisoning.
When the power goes out, some families turn to a generator to keep their home warm.

But the machines can be dangerous.

The Lexington Fire Department is reminding anyone who uses a generator to be aware of the potential for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Firefighters say you should never run a gas generator inside your home.

Don't place your generator near a door or window where air drafts could bring carbon monoxide into your house.

Always keep a carbon monoxide detector nearby when you're using a generator.

And while using it, get out of the house right away if you begin to feel lethargic, nauseous or start having headaches.

Once you are out safely, call the fire department.
Page: [[$index + 1]]